by the way
I am wearing
you gave me
by the way
I am wearing
you gave me
Want to feel and look like a Hollywood star, minus the big expenses? At Dental Spot, we want YOU to experience and enjoy any type of transformation that you desire so YOU look and feel like a superstar. We offer a range of services to meet your every need; including teeth whitening, smile makeovers, crowns, porcelain veneers and many more. It is so overwhelming to see how our patients react and experience such a great change to their smile, it makes them feel determined, confident, and satisfied!
GENERAL & RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
It is essential to maintain healthy teeth, especially during this day and age where
many things have risen to higher costs, especially in the dental industry.
That is why we want YOU to look after your smile. It is so important to maintain
your oral health, and so we recommend your 6 monthly check-up and clean with
us, where we can discuss your pathway to a healthier and happier you. These small
regular routines count, and you will notice how much of a difference it will make
especially in the long term.
Need some work done? Don’t worry; we are here to encourage you to take the
next step in restoring your teeth back to its general health. Need a filling? No silver
or amalgam fillings needed! Today in our modern age we use new and improved
materials to simply seal any cavities, decay or cracks that you may have in your
teeth; and its all pain free!
A denture is a removable appliance for missing teeth consisting of one replacement tooth or a set of teeth. The artificial teeth are moulded onto a plate and can either be made from acrylic or chrome as a full or partial denture. Dentures are perfect and the most cost convenient way in replacing a missing tooth/teeth.
Congratulations! Through modern dental technology, you (or a loved one) have regained a smile that’s almost as natural and beautiful as the one nature first provided.
Cleaning your dentures every day is one of the most important things you can do to help your smile keep its attractive appearance. If you don’t, plaque can form on dentures, making them less bright. Plus, failure to clean your dentures regularly can result in staining and denture odour, as well.
HERE ARE A FEW SIMPLE TIPS:
• Dentures can break, so always fill the sink with water, and then clean your dentures over the sink, just in case they slip out of your hands by accident.
• Rinse your dentures thoroughly to remove loose food particles. Use cool or warm water. But never use hot water – it can warp your dentures.
• Apply a denture cleaning paste to a moistened denture brush or a soft-bristled toothbrush. Do not use ordinary toothpaste, bleach, and vinegar or soap unless directed to do so by your dental professional.
• Brush all surfaces thoroughly. Avoid using brushes with stiff bristles, as they can damage the denture material.
• Rinse dentures well under the tap to remove all traces of cleaning paste. • While you sleep at night, soak your dentures in a cleanser, (e.g. Cal Dent) or one recommended by your dental professional. • Brush your gums, tongue and palate with a soft-bristled regular toothbrush to remove plaque and stimulate circulation. Then reinsert your dentures. • To give your mouth an extra, fresh clean feeling, rinse with a mouthwash several times a day.
A dental implant is the insertion of a replacement tooth root made out of titanium.
Most commonly used as a substitute tooth, it provides a strong foundation for removable/fixed appliances such as crowns, bridges and dentures.
This procedure encompasses a number of stages- the initial consultation, implant placement, second surgery and placement of healing, and placement of permanent crown. The process may take from start to finish up 3-9 months, and in some cases it may take more.
Implants are made to match your natural or existing teeth, and most importantly uniquely crafted to create your beautiful smile.
Orthodontic appliances are used in various ways to align and straighten teeth, as well as to help re shape the jaw and correct the bite. There are 2 types of Orthodontic cases provided at our practice – Dental Braces and Invisalign. Depending on the case of the individual, we will match one of the two simple techniques to the case in our best opinion.
Nowadays, braces come as the most effective way to re align the jaw and teeth. Metal braces are most popular, but we also provide ceramic and clear braces. Braces consist of a few materials and appliances throughout the process including attached brackets, adjustable wires and elastic bands, which all work together in re positioning gap and crowded teeth. The process can generally take from as little as 3 months to 3 years, depending on the case. Anyone can wear braces; from children to teens, and even adults!
Invisalign is known as the “invisible braces” – A new innovative design that assists in straightening and re sculpting a new smile, no braces needed. Invisalign is a clear removable plate which you swap over every 2 weeks, and can be removed while eating and brushing your teeth. It varies in the duration depending on the case, however, just like braces; the treatment may start from 3 months to 3 years.
We generally recommended Invisalign to patients with cases that are not as severe as those with braces. Invisalign is recommended for teens and adults.
custom mouth guards
The dental spot team recognise that when it comes to oral protection, the Athlete rarely gets what they pay for …we are committed to changing this. We have created Mobile Mouthguards which offer custom mouthguards to all Athletes.
The philosophy behind this creation is a simple one. Understand the athletes needs, educate them, and ultimately provide them with end product excellence…
the tailor made mouthguard.
We love what we do and are passionate about it. If there is one bit of advice we can give you, it is enjoy your sport, enjoy your time and remember to play hard, play smart and Always Guard your Game
PREVENTATIVE CARE &
ORAL HEALTH INSTRUCTION
Brushing is the best way to get rid of the germs and bacteria, and an invisible sticky material called plaque from your teeth and gums. Getting the bad stuff off your teeth and gums in a timely manner prevents bacteria in the food you eat from turning into harmful, cavity-causing acids.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR BRUSHING YOUR TEETH PROPERLY:
- Use a pea-sized dab of toothpaste on your brush and remember to spit it out when you’re finished brushing.
- Use a circular motion to brush only two or three teeth at a time, gradually covering your entire mouth.
- Place your toothbrush next to your teeth and tilt slightly up or down, gently brushing in a circular motion. Don’t brush your teeth by moving your toothbrush up and down.
- Brush everything inside your mouth, your teeth (front, back, sides and tops), gums and the roof of your mouth, and, most importantly, your tongue.
- Your tongue actually hides a lot of germs and bacteria on it that creep into your gums and teeth when you’re not looking, which also causes bad breath
Brush your teeth for about three minutes and remember to replace your brush when the bristles begin to spread because a worn toothbrush will not properly clean your teeth.